Ingredients for 4 people
- 8 scallops
- 8 slices of bacon
- 3 purple potatoes
- Tuscan Blend extra virgin olive oil *
- Due Vittorie Oro Balsamic Vinegar *
- Take the scallops, remove the clam and keep only the colour of ivory, called "nut", removing the orange part, or the "coral."
- Carefully wash and wrap the bacon around scallops.
- Wash the potatoes, then, with a mandoline, cut them into thin slices.
- Dry the potatoes in slices on paper towel to remove excess liquid.
- In a pan with high sides, heat a generous amount of olive oil.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with a little 'flour and fry for a few seconds on high, then drain, dry and season with salt.
- In a pan heat a little Azzuro extra virgin olive oil and cook the scallops for 30 seconds each side on high, making sure to do well browned sides with the bacon to make it crispy.
- Serve two scallops per person accompanied by a cloud of fried purple potato.
- Finally garnish with a drizzle of Due Vittorie Oro balsamic vinegar.
* available in the Azzuro Epicurean store