A nice colourful salad with great flavours that serves 4 people.
- 250 gms pre-cooked beetroot
- 2 tsp dried mint
- Azzuro extra virgin olive oil
- 475 gm Loin Fillet (backstrap) Lamb
- 195 gm Haloumi, sliced into 1cm slices
- 150 gm green beans
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- Salt & pepper
- 60 ml Due Virrorie Oro Balsamic vinegar
- 30 ml Vincotto vinegar
- 40 ml Azzuro extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Create a rub mixture by mixing 2 tbsp Azzuro olive oil with the dried mint. Pat dry the lamb loins with a paper towel and then baste the loins with the oil & mint mixture using a basting brush.
- Prepare the dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisking them until combined.
- Steam cook the beans using a steamer or in a steam oven for 8 minutes. When steamed season with salt & pepper.
- Dice the pre-cooked beetroot and put into a bowl ready for tossing.
- Cook the lamb on a griddle or in a preheated non-stick pan on a high heat for 3 minutes each side. Take off the heat and rest, covered with foil.
- While resting the lamb, sautee the onions in the pan used for cooking the lamb until soft.
- Sear the haloumi slices on a pre-heated griddle pan until they are browned both sides.
- After resting for 3 minutes slice the lamb loin into 2 cm slices and place in the bowl with the beetroot, seasoned beans and suateed onions.
- Pour the dressing into the bowl and toss gently to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve on individual plates or on a platter that goes onto the table.