Amy Bair from The Edible Garden included this recipe in her recent newsletter and I thought I would share it with you. It is perfect for the new Due Vittorie Rosé Wine Vinegar that has just arrived from Italy.
While the weather isn't quite right for salads yet, there is hope that Spring will finally arrive!
- 6 Cups baby spinach
- 1 punnet strawberries sliced
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 125gblue cheese or feta cheese
- ¼ Cup slivered almonds
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Poppy seed dressing:
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Due Vittorie Rose wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 Tsp dried mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small mixing bowl add olive oil, rosé wine vinegar, honey, poppy seeds and dried mustard and whisk until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste and set in the fridge.
2. In a large bowl add spinach, sliced strawberries, diced avocado, feta or blue cheese, slivered almonds and sliced red onion and toss.
3. When ready to serve, add poppy seed dressing and toss.