Adapted from recipe by Sam of @aheadofthyme
With Summer almost here this is a delicious, fresh and simple Italian appetizer to offer your guests with a glass of wine!
Azzuro's olive oil kicks off the taste and the aromas when you baste the bread with the oil and garlic powder mix. After building bruschetta topping, it is enhanced by the velvety consistency of Due Vittore's Famiglia 25 year balsamic, extracted from Lambrusco di Sorbara grapes.
- 1 cup tomatoes, pitted and diced (about 4 roma tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced (about 1/4 red onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Azzuro olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 loaf of French baguette, sliced into 15mm slices
- 2 tablespoons Azzuro olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Due Vittorie Famiglia Balsamic
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss to combine and store in the refrigerator for one hour (you don’t have to wait this long, but it is recommended to bring out all the flavours).
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and garlic powder.
- Brush the top side of each baguette slice with the olive oil mixture.
- Place slices onto a lined baking tray and bake for about 6 minutes, until light golden brown but not too crispy.
- Top each slice with a spoonful of the tomato mixture.
- Drizzle the Famiglia balsamic onto each bruschetta and serve.