I came across this recipe the other day from delicious.com.au and adapted it to use our recently arrived Due Vittorie Oro Piccante (Hot) balsamic that has all the characteristics of Oro that you will love. The added hot pepper gives it the edge that adding a tiny bit of chilli does to a dish.
We use zucchinis frequently in our kitchen, mostly cooking them in our steam oven for about 8 minutes and then sprinkling them with Manuka smoked sea salt & pepper with garlic. But this dish really makes a side that will spice up any main.
- 2 tbsp Azzuro Olive oil,
- 750g (about 6) zucchini, sliced lengthways (on a mandolin is easiest)
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate (optional)
- Roughly chopped mint leaves, to serve
- 1 tbs Due Vittorie Oro Hot Balsamic Vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbs honey
- For the dressing, place all the ingredients in a small bowl, season and whisk to combine. Cover and set aside.
- Heat 1cm olive oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Sautee the zucchini, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side until golden brown and tender, adding more oil as you go, if necessary.
- Arrange the zucchini on a plate, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and pour over the dressing. Garnish with the pomegranate seeds and roughly chopped mint, and serve.