Recipe by Café Delites
Italian Herb Bruschetta Chicken is exactly like the traditional crusty bread version, but instead of bread, we use chicken rubbed with minced garlic and seasoned with Italian herbs for a lighter meal in minutes! Drizzled with balsamic glaze for an extra punch of flavour, the whole family loves this weekly dinner.
Lunch or dinner
Bruschetta Chicken isn’t only a dinner recipe, either. You can also prepare this for lunch and enjoy it with a salad! If you don’t think you’ll have time to make it when you need it, you can prepare the Bruschetta topping the night before and allow the flavours to blend and marinate together before topping your chicken the next day! Cook your chicken the day before as well, and you’ll have a meal in minutes on demand!
A few tips to get the perfect bruschetta chicken:
- Use a good blend of dried Italian herbs or Italian seasoning. If you prefer a milder blend, you can make your own mixture with dried oregano, dried basil, dried parsley, maybe some rosemary, or any other herbs you love
- I love Roma tomatoes with this Bruschetta. You can substitute with vine ripened tomatoes, or use grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes!
- Not a fan of red onion? No problem! Replace with finely chopped garlic!
- Try to use fresh parmesan cheese, and thinly shave slices with a vegetable peeler!
- You can sear your chicken in a pan OR grill in a grill pan (or use the barbecue for added flavour)
Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 15 min Total Time 25 mins
For The Chicken:
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4 fillets
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning*
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (for cooking)
For The Topping:
- 4 Roma tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/4 of a red onion finely chopped (or 3 cloves finely chopped garlic)
- 4 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- ½ cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- Drizzle Due Vittorie Oro Balsamic Vinegar
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, garlic and salt. Heat oil in a grill pan or skillet, and sear chicken breasts over medium-high heat until browned on both sides and cooked through (about 6 minutes each side). Remove from pan; set aside and allow to rest.
- Combine the tomatoes, red onion, basil, olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt. Top each chicken breast with the tomato mixture and parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately with balsamic glaze (optional).
*If you don't have Italian seasoning, use Italian dried herbs. Or combine 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dried basil, and 1 teaspoon dried parsley together.