These savory mushrooms are sautéed with sage in a garlic and white wine, and then served over crispy toast! A perfect light lunch or snack.
This is a recipe for two so multiply the ingredients accordingly.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- punnet of thinly sliced button mushrooms
- handful of fresh sage leaves
- pinch of salt
- pinch or two of pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 slices wholemeal bread toasted
- Finely chop the sage but leave 2 tbsp set aside for garnish
- Pour olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 1 minute
- Add mushrooms and sage, keeping mushrooms in a relatively even layer. Cook for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Flip and allow to cook for another 3 or 4 minutes or until the mushrooms are brown.
- Toast the bread.
- Add salt and pepper and white wine. Give the mushrooms a toss or two to mix everything and cook about another 2 or 3 minutes until wine has evaporated.
- Serve over the toast and sprinkle the sage garnish over the top.