This mellow dessert is topped by a unique/an exceptional sauce.
For 10 people:
- 850g Ricotta
- 150g sugar
- 40g flour
- 5 egg yolks, lightly whisked
- 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of grated orange peel
- 1½ teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 1 pinch of salt
- 220ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of Aceto Balsamico (Oro or Famiglia)
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees. Lightly butter your form (22cm diameter) and sprinkle with flour.
- Mix sugar and flour in a bowl. Add Ricotta and mix well. Whisk in egg yolks, orange blossom water, nutmeg, orange peel, vanilla essence and salt.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared baking form and bake for 75 minutes. The cake is perfect when the top is golden brown and rather firm – the inside should still be a bit soft. Put the cake on a baking rack and let it cool down.
- Keep the Ricotta Cheese cake covered in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Reduce the orange juice on a high temperature by half, add the Balsamic and leave it to cool.
- Take the cake out of the baking dish und cut into pieces. Arrange the pieces on dessert plates together with the orange-balsamic-sauce. Garnish with some orange peel.