1 small to medium pumpkin, chopped & peeled.
1 cup dried lentils
1 small log goat cheese
1 Shallot, peeled and cut into thin rounds or half-moon shapes
2 tbsps AzzuroBlend Olive Oil * for drizzling
1/4 cup Azzuro Frantoio Olive Oil * for frying the shallots
2 tbsps Due Vittorie Oro Balsamic Vinegar *
Salt & Pepper to taste
* available in the Azzuro Store or online at http://www.azzurogroves.com/catalog.php
- Preheat oven to 200C. Soak lentils for 10 minutes. In a large mixing bowl, toss pumpkin with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and season lightly with salt. Spread on a cookie sheet or in a roasting pan and roast until soft, about 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook lentils in salted, boiling water until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Pour the Frantoio EVOO into a Medium heavy saucepan or skillet . Heat oil over medium-high and fry shallots for 3-5 minutes until crispy, golden brown. Remove and drain excess oil on a paper towel.
- Drizzle about 2 tbsps of Balsamic over pumpkin and mix with lentils and goat cheese. Drizzle with remaining tablespoon ofAzzuro Blend EVOO and garnish with crispy shallots.