Duck breast maybe cooked prior and re-heated when required.
This recipe is also great for the festive season and can be made using left over shredded roast duck meat.
2 Duck Breasts
Azzuro Blend Extra Virgin Olive oil
100g rocket leaves, washed
1 sml bulb fennel, shaved
1 ripe pear, shaved
100g goats Milk feta or Danish feta
1 cup red grapes
Salt & pepper to taste
½ cup apple juice
2 tblsp Due Vittorie balsamic
2 tblsp Azzuro Blend olive oil
Salt & cracked black pepper to taste
Thinly sliced bread stick to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Remove duck breasts from packaging and pat duck breasts dry with paper towel. Score the skin in a diagonal pattern and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan until you can feel moderate heat coming off it. Place the duck skin side down for 5 minutes, or until the skin is golden. Turn the duck over for 2 minutes skin side up.
- Let the duck breast rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing into it.
- Toss the rocket leaves, fennel, pear and feta together in a large salad bowl. Place tossed salad onto a serving platter.
- Place the grapes, apple juice, balsamic glaze and olive oil into the frying and simmer 3 -4 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Thinly slice the duck breast and lay decoratively over the salad, spoon over the grapes and dressing, serve with thinly sliced bread stick.
Recipe: Luv-A Duck